As we consider the many things for which we are thankful, Murphy Insurance Agency is truly appreciative of our clients, our partners, our team members, and our community. Wishing you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
If you're on the road...
Traditionally, Thanksgiving weekend is among the busiest days of the year for travel. If you’re going to be on the road over the holiday weekend, please be extra cautious.
Following these tips during the holidays…and always…will help to keep you and others safe.
- Check tire pressure and fluid levels...prevention can avoid a breakdown
- Clean windows to avoid glare...clean headlights and taillights, too
- Leave early...the best way to reduce road stress is to give yourself extra time
- Buckle up...be sure kids are properly in their seats
- Obey speed limits & road rules - driving fast could get you a speeding ticket and increases chances of an accident
- Don't tailgate...give yourself room to react, a crash is not on your holiday 'to do' list
- Be patient if there are delays...getting frustrated won't get you there faster
- Avoid distracted driving...focus on the road. Even hands free phone calls can be distracting.
- Be alert...drive defensively and be prepared to react
- Make frequent stops...during long trips, rotate drivers. Stop and rest if too tired
- Turn on headlights at dusk...it's for safety and it's the law
- Don’t drink and drive...what else needs to be said
- Don’t drive drowsy or sleepy...it can be as dangerous as driving drunk
- Stay in your vehicle if you have a breakdown…standing on the side of the road is dangerous; be sure to pull off the road as far as possible