You bought your insurance...auto, home, business, life, etc., and know you’re covered. From a money stand point, you’re good with the premium. So, why bother talking to your insurance representative unless there is something specific to take care of?
1. Changes in your life can impact your needs and you may not realize it;
2. Insurance companies often come out with new coverage options that you should consider.
Life changes that typically require an insurance change
- Change in use of your home or auto – business use, rent a room, Airbnb, driving for Uber, Lyft, etc
- Change in drivers having regular access to your vehicle - make sure everyone is covered
- Change in marital status or living arrangements - make sure everyone and all possessions are covered
- Change of jobs - change of life or disability benefits, starting a business, company car, etc.
- Birth or adoption of a child - reconsider life insurance needs
- Hiring a nanny or other home worker - workers compensation
Options you might want to consider or reconsider
- Automobile accident forgiveness
- Disappearing deductible
- Transportation Network Company driver endorsement
- Umbrella extension of underinsured and uninsured motorist coverages
- Home service line coverage
- Oil heat fuel remediation coverage
- Optional higher limits on mold protection
- Ordinance or law coverage - pays for building code upgrades required after a loss
At Murphy Insurance, we don’t believe in “set it and forget it” when it comes to your insurance protection. That’s why we send out information by newsletter, share information via our blog and social media, send individual notices and other communications. We work diligently to stay in touch about specific issues you should consider or simply when we haven't spoken in a while.
Ultimately, it takes you reaching back out to us to complete that loop and say “Yes...I want to talk”. Without a conversation, we can’t know what might have changed that requires modification of your current insurance. If anything above indicates we should talk, call us, send us an email, or stop by. Just don’t wait too long because you never know when something can happen and we want your protection to be right.