different ways to pay
Most of our client policies are billed by the insurance company, and we recommend making your payments directly to the company. Some policies are billed by Murphy Insurance Agency, in which case remit payments to us. Depending on the type of policy, the insurance company, and whether your policy is direct or agency billed, you may have a variety of methods by which to make payments, which may include:
send a check by mail
check or money order payment at any of our locations
EFT - electronic funds transfer from your bank account. Contact us to request an EFT Authorization Form
online banking through your financial institution
online credit card payment
pay your insurance company directly
Payment instructions are provided with your premium invoice; however, we have provided links below to the payment web pages for the insurance companies we work with most frequently if you should need them. If your company is not listed below or you have other questions about your bill or payment options, please contact us for assistance.
NOTE: These links below are provided for your convenience. When you click on a link you will leave the Murphy Insurance Agency website.*
Foremost Insurance Group
Great American Insurance
Mass Property Insurance Underwriting Association
NGM Insurance (Main Street America Group)
Norfolk & Dedham Group
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Plymouth Rock Assurance
State Auto Insurance
Utica National Insurance
Vermont Mutual Insurance
pay murphy insurance agency
If your policy premium is billed by Murphy Insurance Agency, you can send your payments to us by mail, or pay by check or money order at any of our locations. We have also arranged for credit card and ACH payments through ePayPolicy for your convenience. If you are not sure that your policy is "agency billed", please view the invoice example. If your invoice looks different, then you have an "insurance company direct billed" policy that should be paid directly to the insurance company. Click the logo below to pay using ePay Policy.
NOTE: Please note that convenience fees apply for ePayPolicy transactions as follows: a 3.50% credit card processing fee for credit card payments, or for ACH payments, a 1% fee up to a maximum of $5.00.
payment plan options
For some policies, you have the option of paying your insurance premium in installments rather than having to pay the amount in full, which can be helpful from a budgeting stand point. Before deciding to pay in installments, be sure to consider the benefits of paying in full, which include avoiding installment payment fees and eliminates having to remember to make a payment each month. Our account managers can provide you with information about payment plan options available for your policy.
why paying on time is important
We know that you have every intention of making your payments on time. However, you may not realize some of the ways that having a good payment history benefits you.
In addition to keeping your insurance protection in force at all times, paying on time can keep your insurance costs down. Not only do insurance companies consider the payment history on your insurance policies, but in many cases, they may also consider your overall credit score as a factor when reviewing your application. While credit scores are not used for every type of insurance policy, the trend is that they will continue to be used. So, having a good payment history can save you money.
You may not realize the extra hassle and stress that having your policy canceled for not paying your insurance premium, which include:
- You have no coverage.
- You can’t legally drive your car without coverage in Massachusetts.
- If you are on a payment plan, you may have to pay your bill in full to be reinstated.
- The insurance company may decline reinstating your policy, which means we will have to help you find another insurance option that may have higher costs.
- You may not qualify or have to pay a higher premium. This is especially true of life, disability and long-term care coverage because of age or health issues.
If you’re having financial difficulty, call us to discuss your options. Don’t wait until your policy is canceled, which only causes you more headaches.
* Murphy Insurance Agency makes no representation or warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of information that is provided at these sites. The Agency is in no way liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, web sites, information and programs made available through the links provided. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of any other sites you choose to access through these links or otherwise.