800 222 8711 Contact Us Pay My Bill Submit a Claim Client Portal
Search magnifying glass icon


Mobile Home Insurance

If you live in a mobile home, you need to protect yourself like any other homeowner against damage to your home, personal property and liability. Mobile homes are different from a single-family home and have different coverage considerations.

property protection

Mobile home insurance protects you from a variety of standard risks often referred to as “perils” that result in damage or destruction of your home, adjacent structures on your property and personal property. It provides for repair or replacement caused by:

  • Fire – including damage from smoke and water used to put out a fire
  • Weather - lightning, windstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes
  • Equipment failure – damage from bursting of heating, plumbing or hot water systems
  • Electrical surge damage
  • Explosions
  • Glass breakage
  • Falling trees and objects
  • Collapse of roof or walls
  • Damage by vehicles
  • Theft or burglary
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief

Your mobile home policy does not cover your home while it’s being transported. If you decide to move your home, contact us to purchase the necessary protection.

NOTE: Floods are not covered by a mobile home policy. To protect your property, you need a flood insurance policy.

liability protection

We live in a litigious society where lawsuits are common. What happens if a neighbor slips and falls on your steps breaking a leg and hitting his head? Your mobile home policy protects you in the event that you’re found responsible for unintentional injuries to another person or damage to property. This coverage applies whether the accident occurred on your property or elsewhere. This protection applies to all family members living in your household. Liability protection covers medical expenses and other compensation awards for injuries, and costs of a liability lawsuit for a covered incident.

determining your needs

Answering these questions can help you determine your insurance needs. A Murphy Insurance associate can help you if you need more details.

  • If my home is in transit, when does my coverage need to start?
  • If my mobile home is eligible for replacement cost vs. actual value should I consider it?
  • How much will it cost to replace or repair my personal contents?
  • Do I need replacement value cost rather than actual cash value coverage protection for my personal property?
  • Do I need flood insurance?
  • How much protection should I have to cover liability and visitor’s medical expenses if they are injured on my property?
  • Do I have valuable items that could exceed limits in my policy that I should “schedule” such as jewelry, fine art, antiques, electronics or other special items?
  • Do I need extra protection to cover my home business contents and liability for meeting clients at my home?
  • Do I want emergency removal protection in the event of an oncoming fire or other peril?

special discounts

Insurance companies provide discounts in certain qualified situations. Based on the information you share, your trusted associate works to maximize all discounts that you are eligible for. These may include discounts for:

  • Burglary protection devices
  • Smoke detectors



NOTE: This information is only a general description of the available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to all policy provisions and applicable endorsements. Some coverage may be subject to individual insureds meeting underwriting qualifications and to availability within a state. For further information contact a Murphy Insurance Agency Associate.