You are generally billed by and make your payments directly to the insurance company that writes your policy. Because Murphy Insurance works with many different companies and each has different payment options available, it's not possible to list the specifics of all of them here.
However, our associates are always ready to help answer questions you have about your bill and provide information about payment options. Simply contact us by email, phone or stop by. You can also learn more below.
insurance company bill payment links
The companies listed in the links below offer the option of paying your bill online or by telephone. Not all companies provide these options. If your company is not listed below and you want to consider alternatives to paying by check, please contact us.
NOTE: These links below are provided for your convenience. When you click on a link, you will leave the Murphy Insurance website.*
Foremost Insurance Group
Mass Property Insurance Underwriting Assoc.
NGM Insurance (Main Street America Group)
Norfolk & Dedham Group
One Beacon Insurance
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Preferred Mutual Insurance
State Auto Insurance (Patrons Ins.)
Travelers Insurance (Premier Insurance)
Vermont Mutual Insurance
different ways to pay
Depending on the type of policy and the insurance carrier that writes your insurance policy, you may have a variety of methods by which to make your payment including:
- EFT - electronic funds transfer from your bank account
You can also make your payment at any of our convenient locations. Because each company has different payment options, speak with an associate to find out about those available from your specific carrier.
payment plan options
For some policies, you have the option of paying your insurance premium in installments rather than having to pay the amount in full, which can be helpful from a budgeting stand point. As you consider options, remember that paying in full has the benefit of avoiding installment payment fees and eliminates having to remember to make a payment each month. Speak with a trusted associate to learn more about payment plan options available for your policy.
why paying on time is important
We know that you have every intention of making your payments on time. However, you may not realize some of the ways that having a good payment history benefits you.
In addition to keeping your insurance protection in force at all times, paying on time can keep your insurance costs down. Not only do insurance companies consider the payment history on your insurance policies, but in many cases, they may also consider your overall credit score as a factor when reviewing your application. While credit scores are not used for every type of insurance policy, the trend is that they will continue to be used. So, having a good payment history can save you money.
You may not realize the extra hassle and stress that having your policy canceled for not paying your insurance premium, which include:
- You have no coverage.
- You can’t legally drive your car without coverage in Massachusetts.
- If you are on a payment plan, you may have to pay your bill in full to be reinstated.
- The insurance company may decline reinstating your policy, which means we will have to help you find another insurance option that may have higher costs.
- You may not qualify or have to pay a higher premium. This is especially true of life, disability and long-term care coverage because of age or health issues.
If you’re having financial difficulty, call us to discuss your options. Don’t wait until your policy is canceled, which only causes you more headaches.
* Murphy Insurance Agency makes no representation or warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of information that is provided at these sites. The Agency is in no way liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, web sites, information and programs made available through the links provided. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of any other sites you choose to access through these links or otherwise.