Hudson & Marlborough
As the first impression for the Agency, the Receptionist answers and accurately directs phone calls in a professional and friendly manner. Meets, greets, and assists all walk-in guests to the Agency. Creates a welcoming environment in the front lobby in a highly professional and helpful manner and provides administrative support as needed.
- Greets walk-in clients or visitors in a professional and helpful manner.
- Answers client inquiries, as needed, or directs the inquiry to the person best able to answer.
- Performs accurate data entry on a daily basis regarding client policy cancellations and reinstatements.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing Agency mail on a daily basis (US mail and interoffice). Empties mailbag received from other branches and prepares bag to be transported to other branches every day.
- Processes cash and check insurance payments received by walk-in customers. Records payment in Agency Management System.
- May perform other administrative, office support responsibilities as instructed by branch supervisor.
knowledge and skills required
- Ability to have professional, courteous, and friendly interaction with people
- Effectively communicate ideas and receive and process information from others
- Quick and proficient keyboarding skills with ability to perform accurate data entry
- Attention to detail, multi-task, and the ability to organize information neatly and accurately
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work in a high-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to speak Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus
minimum education and experience required
- High School diploma
- 3+ years reception experience in a sales or service organization preferred
- Previous work experience within an office setting in an administrative role desired
Murphy Insurance Agency offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including 401k, Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Floater Days, Medical and Dental plans, Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance plans. Murphy Insurance Agency is an EEO employer.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at email@example.com or fax to 978.562.8912. Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency,