The Desktop Support Specialist will support our IT Administrator in maintaining, monitoring and implementing IT systems. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting end user equipment, software and communication links. They are also responsible for providing end user training as needed.
essential job responsibilities & duties
- Perform new employee technology onboarding/offboarding – (i.e. workstations, network & email accounts, system access, phone setups)
- Accurately setup and maintain desktop PCs and laptops
- Respond in a timely manner to employee needs with regard to desktop support of PCs, peripherals, ‘Work From Home’ environments, third-party software, operating systems
- Manage password resets for access to software/agency systems, support mobile devices and troubleshoot issues
- Interface with vendors to research and procure new equipment and software and present suggestions to IT Administrator
- May troubleshoot network issues and contact appropriate vendor for resolution
- Company training on key technologies – Docusign, VPN, video conferencing, remote access software, Outlook, etc.
- Maintain and update agency phone system
- May assist with management of agency intranet updates
knowledge & skills
- Working knowledge of core technologies required, including:
- Microsoft Office
- Password Managers (such as RoboForm)
- Active Directory: Users, Groups, Privileges
- Windows 10
- Operating Systems
- Adobe Pro
- Apple iOS
- Basic knowledge of the following is helpful:
- Applied Systems, Docusign, Secure Email Systems, LogMeIn, Avaya IP Office, CRM, ETFile, Fax Advantage
- Strong hardware and operating system troubleshooting skills
- Ability to implement or coordinate equipment repairs and solve software problems
- Clear and effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to create and maintain accurate documentation and procedures
- Exceptional self-motivation and direction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas constructively
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Light lifting and maneuvering around equipment is necessary
- Must have reliable source of transportation to travel between sites
- Must be willing to respond to emergencies during off-hours as needed
education & experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a support/computer help desk role required
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system while providing timely resolution of problems or escalation to appropriate technical team members
- Must be available nights and weekends for occasional maintenance and emergency IT work, as necessary
Murphy Insurance Agency offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including 401k, Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Floater Days, Medical and Dental plans, Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance plans. Murphy Insurance Agency is an EEO employer.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 978.562.8912. Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
This job profile identified the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned. Other duties may be assigned as business needs arise. This job profile does NOT alter the at-will employment status and it does NOT create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.