Water recreation is a growing recreational activity. If you’re a boater, don’t assume that all watercraft users are as responsible and safety conscious as you. You share the waterways with many unregistered boaters which makes it even more important that you have proper protection. Give yourself the peace of mind of knowing that your guests, your family and you are protected if an accident should occur.
What you need and specific coverage varies depending on the type of boat you own. Your policy will provide details of coverage; however, a boat insurance policy commonly protects you for:
- Accidents causing physical damage to the boat and in most cases trailers caused by storms, collision, fire, sinking, capsizing, stranding, explosion or theft. This includes attached equipment as well as anchors, oars, dinghies, electric motors, extra fuel tanks, tools, canopies, seat cushions and life preservers.
- Damage caused by vandalism or malicious mischief.
- Liability and legal defense costs resulting from your ownership, maintenance, use, loading or unloading of your boat including bodily injury or death to someone else and property damage including other watercraft or docks.
optional coverage for better protection
Some situations are not covered by a basic boat policy. Let us know if you are interested in having protection that covers:
NOTE: This information is only a general description of the available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to all policy provisions and applicable endorsements. Some coverage may be subject to individual insureds meeting underwriting qualifications and to availability within a state. For further information contact a Murphy Insurance Agency Associate.
- Accidents with uninsured watercraft
- Personal property that you keep onboard
- Fishing equipment
- Emergency service