As the first impression for the Agency, the Receptionist will create a welcoming environment as they greet and assist walk-in guests to the Agency, as well as on the phone. They will also provide administrative support as needed.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; May serve as occasional backup for Saturday phone coverage 8:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
essential job responsibilities & duties
This partial summary should not be considered all-inclusive
- Answer incoming calls and direct caller to the appropriate person courteously and professionally. Record and deliver accurate phone messages.
- Answer client inquiries, as needed, or direct the inquiry to the person best able to assist the client.
- Greet walk-in clients or visitors in a professional and helpful manner.
- Perform accurate data entry on a daily basis regarding client policy cancellations and reinstatements.
- Sort and distribute Agency mail for 7 locations on a daily basis, including proper handling of mail bags received from other Agency branches.
- Provide requested information to Management personnel on local merchants, company addresses or contact information as requested.
- Process cash and check insurance payments received by walk-in customers. Make accurate changes. Create receipt for customer in receipt book.
- Assist sales, finance, and marketing departments with projects.
minimum education, skills & experience required
- High School diploma, some college courses a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Receptionist/Administrative experience required.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills required (Word, Email).
- Experience as Receptionist in a sales or service organization highly preferred.
- Requires highly professional and pleasant phone manner for a busy office with multiple locations, and a multi-line telephone system.
- Computer data entry/key boarding typing skills, basic cashier skills, mail sorting & record keeping practices.
- Highly effective communication skills, friendly and outgoing personality, organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to speak Portuguese and/or Spanish considered a plus.
There is opportunity for growth within this role. We hope to locate a candidate who is passionate about a career within the insurance industry and willing to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a supportive, friendly environment.
Murphy Insurance Agency offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including 401k, Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Floater Days, Medical and Dental plans, Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance plans. Murphy Insurance Agency is an EEO employer.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at email@example.com or fax to 978.562.8912. Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
This job profile identified the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned. Other duties may be assigned as business needs arise. This job profile does NOT alter the at-will employment status and it does NOT create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.