As the first impression for the Agency, the Receptionist answers and accurately directs phone calls in a professional and friendly manner. Meets, greets and assists all walk-in guests to the Agency. Creates a welcoming environment in the front lobby in a highly professional and helpful manner. Provides administrative support for the Agency as needed and has the ability to effectively work in a high-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption.
knowledge and skills required
- Quick and proficient keyboarding skills with ability to perform accurate data entry
- Attention to detail, multi-task, and the ability to organize information neatly and accurately
- Ability to have professional, courteous and friendly interaction with people and effectively communicate ideas and receive and process information from others
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills
- Possesses a friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to effectively work in a high-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook)
- Ability to speak Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus
minimum education and experience required
- High School diploma
- 3+ years reception experience in a sales or service organization
- Previous work experience within an office setting in an administrative role desired
Murphy Insurance Agency offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including 401k, Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Floater Days, Medical and Dental plans, Life, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance plans. Murphy Insurance Agency is an EEO employer.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 978.562.8912. Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
This job profile identified the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned. Other duties may be assigned as business needs arise. This job profile does NOT alter the at-will employment status and it does NOT create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.