Hudson & Medway
Do you enjoy working with consumers and knowing you make a difference? Are you detail oriented? Do you enjoy problem solving? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join Murphy Insurance Agency as a Personal Insurance Customer Service Associate. This key contributor is responsible for assisting customers in identifying their needs, determining the insurance options that provide the best value and then growing and maintaining the relationship over time. This position requires proactive sales and service including cross-selling additional services to round out relationships.
essential job responsibilities & duties
- Prequalifies and analyzes prospect’s personal insurance needs. Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients
- Educates clients about coverage limitations and informs clients of policy changes, coverage exclusions and insurance coverage needs
- At each service contact, reviews current client coverages and recommends coverage and/or market changes to ensure high quality protection
- Remarkets renewals as needed
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of computer system functions, procedures, coding and reporting capabilities for all carriers
* This partial summary should not be considered all-inclusive
knowledge & skills required
- Strong customer service focus with a highly professional and timely manner
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usage
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of agency management software and insurance rating software; proficient in Microsoft Suite of software
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced team environment
minimum education & experience required
High School Education/GED required. Minimum of 3 years of experience as a personal insurance client service representative strongly desired. Strong background in customer service oriented roles preferred. Bilingual ability is considered a strong plus, but not required.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources using our online application for employment.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.