The "green" solar energy industry is growing at a rapid rate especially here in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and the rest of the New England. With government support for alternative energy programs, there are many opportunities for:
- Solar Contractors and Solar Panel Installers
- Solar Operators and Owners
- Solar Project Coordinators and Financers
- Solar Risk Managers
- Power Purchase Agreement Owners
Regardless of the care with which you and your company preforms services, things can go wrong for which you’re responsible. The alternative energy industry has unique risk exposures that aren’t covered by traditional insurance policies. To properly protect you and your “green” solar energy business, you need to have the right insurance protection.
As a local Massachusetts insurance agent serving all of New England, Murphy Insurance Agency understands these risk management issues and has access to programs specifically tailored to handle the property and liability exposures of solar and renewable energy contractors. We're an NESEA member and speak your language. You can count on our commitment to helping you succeed and grow by protecting you from financial risk that could be devastating without insurance coverage. We’ll meet with you, analyze your current and potential risks and create a protection plan that fits your business needs and minimizes your financial exposure.
special coverage for unique exposures
We work with highly rated insurance companies that provide coverage to protect the integrators, installers, maintenance and operations companies. These programs, combined with our years of experience and commitment to quality service, give you one reliable source for all your insurance protection needs. Here are some of the ways we can assist:
builders risk insurance for solar power installations
- Hard cost, with transit and off-site storage
- Coverage during testing of components
- Covers non-warranty equipment breakdown coverage
- Delay in completion including additional construction expense and loss of income
- Simple transition to Property Insurance policy upon commissioning, acceptance and operations commence. Eliminates coverage gaps in transition to avoid claims disputes.
property insurance for operational installations
- Special form property coverage
- Equipment breakdown from covered loss
- Loss of Income
insurance for power purchase agreements
- General Liability – special protection separate from contractor or landowner general liability policy
In addition to providing the specialized coverage for solar installation projects, we can also handle the traditional business insurance needs of solar contractors and facility owners.
- General Liability -covers property damage and bodily injury resulting from business activities;covers Completed Operations
- Business Interruption/Extra Expense Exposures
- Professional Liability Insurance - losses related to solar power project engineering, design and consulting; loss of income related to tax incentives and local rebates
- Directors and Officers
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Employment Practices
- Automobile Coverages
- Tools & Equipment Coverage
For additional information contact
If you have a solar energy business in Massachusetts or New England, please contact us to discuss your needs and learn more about our custom insurance solutions to protect your growing business.