Wayne Texeira Marketing Director, CFMP
Happy Halloween!! Even though mother nature seems to have tricked us this year with snow on the ground in October, there still will be trick or treating. A few tips to keep in mind to keep it safe for trick-or-treaters and you this Halloween:
- Keep an eye out for kids while driving. Many children will be distracted by their costumes and candy so drive slowly and stay alert.
- If possible (assuming you have electricity) have your walkway lit for trick-or-treaters to avoid trips and falls.
- Move jack-o-lanterns and other decorations that have candles off of stairs and walkways so that children’s costumes do not brush against them.
- Carry a flash light or reflectors with you while trick-or-treating to make sure that you are clearly visible to all vehicles on the road.
- Never go out alone, stay with a group of friends.
- Always check your candy before eating it, and do not eat candy that isn’t wrapped properly such as homemade treats.
Also, with the storm this year, make sure you keep an eye out for dangers such as down wires and tree branches.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!!