Sometimes decisions you make can impact the pricing and availability of insurance. We don’t want to rain on anyone’s plans; however, it’s best to be aware so that you can make decisions with full information.
In some cases, policies may have exclusions that eliminate coverage for certain activities; require an endorsement; not be available from some companies; or have an increased premium due to the additional risk.
If you’re contemplating any of the decisions below, please call us first to discuss how these issues can impact your insurance coverage and premium.
- Driving for a ride sharing/transportation service — Uber, Lyft, etc.
- Buying a luxury vehicle
- Renting a room in your home on a permanent or occasional basis — Airbnb
- Buying a dog
- Buying an exotic pet or farm animal
- Installing a swimming pool
- Constructing a treehouse
- Buying a trampoline
- Building a skateboard ramp
- Hiring a nanny
- Starting a home business — when does a hobby become a business?