The Branch Supervisor is accountable for branch operations of the agency, service and marketing operations, and staff management. Ensures profitable growth and account retention, long term company and client relationships, and effective utilization of department resources. Utilizes sales service and quality standards with strong attention to customer needs.
essential responsibilities & duties
- Supervises day to day activities of all branch employees including personnel and disciplinary issues.
- Provides technical answers or resources on insurance or automation (IS) questions.
- Responds to and resolves escalated customer service concerns.
- Keeps staff informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Participates in employee selection process for branch office, and responsible for training and onboarding of new hires.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals as required.
- Participates in supervisor staff meetings
- Prequalifies and analyzes prospects' personal lines coverage needs. Actively recommends coverages, rounds out accounts and remarkets as needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current computer system functions, input procedures, codes, reporting capabilities for all carriers and maintain orderly electronic files and information.
knowledge & skills requirements
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- In-depth knowledge of current computer system functions, input procedures, codes, reporting capabilities for all carriers.
- Solid understanding of Agency workflow procedures.
- Possesses positive attitude and makes every effort to perform in the position with a can-do, upbeat approach.
- Ability to develop and maintain cordial and effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others to explain somewhat complex issues, receives and interprets complex information, and responds appropriately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products.
education & experience
Property Casualty License required. Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Personal CSA in an insurance agency required. Professional designations such as CPCU, CIC, CISR or other designations desirable. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business preferred. Previous supervisory or management experience a plus.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources using our online application for employment.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.