Murphy Insurance Agency, an independent insurance agency focused on servicing the needs of small businesses, families and individuals, is currently searching for an experienced, licensed Financial Services Manager to lead our team in servicing our existing clients and growing our book of business in the area of the employee group benefits, life, disability, retirement and long-term care insurance.
essential job responsibilities
This partial summary should not be considered all-inclusive
- Contribute to the attainment of company goals by developing and executing a strategic business plan to assist in achieving sales objectives
- Identify and develop Financial Services prospects
- Contact current and prospective customers in market area to solicit new relationships, explain coverage gaps, account round and close new business
- Actively manage, develop, coach and motivate the Financial Services team, assuming ultimate accountability for the achievement of the sales goals established for the department
- Create proposals; complete and submit applications and related documentation to appropriate markets; and make sales presentations for new and renewal business.
- Explain coverage, exclusions and document interactions for future reference in customer management system
- Review existing client plans at least annually with staff to upgrade accounts and remarket if necessary
minimum education & experience required
Bachelor’s Degree required. Professional designations such as CLU, LUTCF, CHFC, CFP desirable. Must have five years experience in Financial Services maintaining and growing a book of business. Two years supervisory experience or four years in a lead position within a Financial Services organization of similar size and scope required. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience over and above the experience listed. SEC registration, and Life and Health License are required.
minimum skills required
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize highly complex information for presentation and review in a professional and accurate manner.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information.
- Must maintain positive attitude and make every effort to perform in the position with a can-do, upbeat approach.
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Understanding of agency operations and agency management.
- Knowledge of agency software and hardware.
- Understanding of agency workflow procedures, underwriting, sales and service processes.
how to apply
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at email@example.com or fax to 978 562 8912.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (No relocation provided). NO AGENCIES PLEASE.