The Processing Service Associate provides policy checking, invoicing, certificate of insurance issuance and quality control support to the Commercial Lines Department based on agency service standards. This position also has receptionist and administrative office support duties. This position is based primarily at our Marlborough office.
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 4 days per week between Monday and Friday (day off to be determined) in the Marlborough office; Saturdays 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.in the Hudson office as receptionist.
essential job responsibilities & duties
- Check new and renewal policies, endorsements and audits for accuracy; update agency management system accordingly; transact premium and mail policies/endorsements to clients.
- Follow-up with carriers to ensure timely receipt of new and renewal policies and endorsements.
- Work with Customer Service Associates to order coverage changes if policy data is inaccurate and follow-up on requests.
- Issue certificates of insurance and evidences of property documents to satisfy client service requests
- Maintain orderly electronic files and documented information.
- Responsible for client satisfaction from an administrative service prospective.
- Act as primary back-up for office receptionist duties on a regular basis - includes sorting and distributing incoming mail, taking payments, entering cancellation and reinstatement notices.
- Process outgoing mail and bring to post office.
- Scan policies, endorsements, audits and other mail on a daily basis.
- Maintain regular fax distribution and appropriate copier/printer paper supply.
- Identify and implement opportunities for increased operational effectiveness.
knowledge & skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Technologically savvy; must be able to work with multiple carrier systems and our agency management system.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, have effective interaction with people through written and verbal communication. Multilingual ability would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions.
- Helpful, positive attitude with both internal and external customers while working in a fast-paced environment.
minimum education & experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an insurance client support representative/processor preferred or 2 years of experience in a customer service, administrative support role in a busy office environment.
how to apply
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, résumé and compensation requirements to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 978.562.8912. Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.