Marlborough or Medway
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR SELLING, COMMERCIAL PROPERTY & CASUALTY KNOWLEDGE, AND A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF SALES SUCCESS? If so, we have exciting opportunities for an experienced Commercial Property & Casualty Producer to join our team. The Commercial Property & Casualty Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Commercial accounts while providing counsel and recommendations in order to service existing clients. In a high pressured, fast-paced environment, this individual will demonstrate their passion for sales by achieving/exceeding specific sales goals and service responsibilities as determined during the yearly planning process.
essential job responsibilities
This partial summary should not be considered all-inclusive
- The Commercial Property & Casualty Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Commercial accounts.
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively.
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Creates and maintains client or prospect lists.
- Designs insurance plans and recommends coverages to clients. Surveys loss exposures, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Creates insurance proposals, makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business. Completes and submits applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Develops, follows and achieves sales objectives.
- Surveys loss exposures, needs and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Prepares, requests, and delivers binders to insureds.
- Educates clients concerning agency payment expectations and cancellation procedures.
- Acknowledges non-standard coverage limitations and binding restrictions to document file and lower errors and omissions exposures.
- Asks for referrals from insureds to help generate new business.
Retention and Continuous Marketing
- Explains coverages and exclusions and documents explanations on automated file for future reference.
- Develops a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and carriers.
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy.
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents system by transaction date. Creates letters to clients offering coverage, share information and advice regarding insurance matters. Uses these to round out accounts fully.
- Working with CSA team, reviews existing policy coverages in order to upgrade accounts and remarket if necessary.
- Assists service staff in collecting client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries and renewal proposals. Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated file as appropriate. Uses each client contact as an opportunity for coverage review and marketing of need covered.
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs, independently and with company loss control staff.
- Contacts insureds to assist CSA in collection of past due premiums or audit amounts.
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal.
- Continues to develop relationships with insureds.
- Actively and consistently participates in sales meetings.
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers.
- Develops a personal improvement plan and takes responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Insurance Institute or similar professional development is essential in this role
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and
- technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing effective communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages, insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of client sales and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Must maintain positive attitude and make every effort to perform in the position with a can-do, upbeat approach.
minimum education & experience required
Bachelor’s Degree (in Business or finance preferred) and 5+ years of commercial property & casualty insurance agency sales experience preferred. Professional designation such as CPCU, CIC highly desirable. Property, Casualty, Life and Health License considered a huge plus.
minimum skills required
This individual must have a proven record of successful sales and a superior customer service attitude and approach to business. This individual must demonstrate full knowledge of commercial property & casualty insurance products and usage. Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a high pressured, fast paced environment effectively and in a highly professional and timely manner. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office products and Wintam. This individual will bring excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to explain complex insurance issues, as well as interpret complex insurance information and respond appropriately. Ability to generate new business sales, service/retain existing business, and to close insurance sales. Must possess adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and write assigned client and prospect lists. Ability to drive a vehicle, visit existing and prospective clients, and make related sales calls.
how to apply
Qualified candidates WITH COMMERCIAL PROPERTY & CASUALTY SALES EXPERIENCE, please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Human Resources using our online application for employment.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Murphy Insurance Agency.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.